The Balance and Mobility Screening Service provides a multi-disciplinary assessment for people who are at risk of falling or have fallen at home or in the community.
Staff involved in the screening:
- Occupational Therapist
- Rehabilitation Nurse
The aim of the program is to:
- Help you keep independence at home
- Offer follow-up services when relevant
- Maintain your safety at home and in the community
- Provide you with information on preventing falls
- Provide exercises to improve your strength and balance
The more you know about what impacts on your risk of falling and your safety at home the more confident you will be!
Staff will see you and complete a falls risk questionnaire which will help determine your need for any follow up treatment.
The questionnaire looks at:
- Your walking
- How you manage at home
- Foot care
The screening is summarised on a care plan. A copy is provided for you and your doctor.
Via your doctor or other healthcare provider, or self referral via Colac Area Health Reception
This service is supported by the Victorian Government and the Australian Government of Health