The role of the Advisory Committee is to oversee the operations and activities of Colac Neighbourhood House. It ensures it is managed in the best interests of the wider community.
Committee members are representatives of the community who volunteer their time. The Group may also include representatives from other organizations or businesses. The Committee meets every two months.
To uphold the principles of Colac Neighbourhood House, the group facilitates:
- Welcoming a diverse range of community groups, ideas and interests
- Providing a non-judgemental, friendly environment
- Providing a meeting place that encourages the sharing of ideas
- Community participation to increase opportunities
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Providing inclusive, creative, sustainable, and affordable activities
- Bringing the Community together
- Encouraging the sharing of skills and ideas.