The Colac Area Health Dental Clinic’s key focus is to improve the dental health of the community. Good oral health contributes to one’s overall health and wellbeing.
What we do
Staff are professionally trained and registered. Dental treatments include:
- Regular examinations
- Scale and clean
- Extractions and fillings
- Dentures and more
We also visit kindergartens and primary schools (Prep & Grade 1) to educate children about oral care.
Who we care for
- Adults over the age of 18 who have a Health Care or Pension Concession Card
- Children up to the age of 13 without a Health Care or Pension Concession Card.
- Children aged 13-18 years. They must hold a current Health Care or Pension Concession Card or be eligible under the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Scheme.
You may receive priority care if you are:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Intellectually disabled or
- Have a mental health case worker
Ask our friendly staff if you are unsure about eligibility.
What you need to know about Waiting Lists/Costs
- There are no waiting lists for children under the age of 18 years and there is no charge for dental treatment.
- For adults over the age of 18, there is a waiting list for general treatment. The cost is $28.00 per visit (to a maximum of $112.00) and $67.50 per denture ($135.00 per set).
To be placed on the waiting list call Main Reception on 03 5232 5100.
Emergency services are available to those patients experiencing pain. The cost is $28.00 per appointment.
Please bring a list of medications along to your first visit.