The McGrath Breast Care Nurse provides support for people diagnosed with breast cancer.
The care and support provided to you and your family could be of a physical, psychological or emotional nature, commencing from diagnosis through to breast cancer treatment and beyond.
What we do
- Reinforce and discuss information provided by medical specialists
- Provide referrals to other support services where indicated.
- Assess for lymphoedema or “arm swelling”
- Provide advice on wigs (loan or purchase), breast prosthesis and bras
- Provide information on how to access financial assistance.
- Refer to the “Look Good Feel Better” program at Colac Area Health
- Provide education and resources to increase awareness and early detection of breast cancer
Who we care for
Any person with a breast cancer diagnosis is able to have support by the McGrath Breast Care Nurse.
Commonly asked questions
Is there a cost for this service?
No. Access to the McGrath Breast Care Nurse is free.
What to bring
If you have any letters or a referral for the McGrath Breast Care Nurse, please bring them with you.