Social Support provides support and activities for people wanting to improve their independence and confidence at home and in the community.
We help people to remain in their homes longer by helping them to:
- Regain and learn new skills
- Connect with others
- Develop wellness and physical health
The Centre provides a safe and comfortable environment. It also provides support to anyone caring for a relative, friend or elderly person living at home.
What we do
We are a community based Centre providing organised groups, individual activities and outings. Activities are designed to suit the goals of each person with their agreement, and these may change over time.
These may include:
- Health activities and information sessions
- Memory and cognitive stimulation through a variety of game based activities
- Increased mobility and coordination through the Strength and Balance program
- Cultural celebrations
- Technology support sessions
- Access to local services and activities
- Independent living skills including food preparation and serving
- Increased social connections and participation
Morning tea is made on the premises for all to enjoy and a 2 course meal is provided for lunch
Who we care for
You need to be living at home to attend the Centre.
How long can I stay?
Half or full days are available.
- A small fee is charged for morning tea, refreshments and a lunchtime meal
- Outings with a meal will incur the cost charged by the chosen meal provider
What to bring?
Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
This service is supported by the Victorian Government and the Australian Government of Health